recent comments by Pepper Joe the Carolina Reaper, also known as the HP22B, will be announced via press releases on Labor Day 2012. The Carolina Reaper was grown / created by Ed Currie.
Carolina Reaper seeds will go on sale that day and according to Joe Puckerbutt Pepper Company and Pepper Joe’s will be the exclusive seed vendors.
Since news of the Carolina Reaper (named via a contest) first broke there have been some interesting discussions, skepticism and disagreements. Everything from testing methods to lineage has been questioned and the scrutiny was heightened given the timing of some of the discussions was right on the heels on the moruga scorpion claiming to have set new heat records.
Since I last posted about the Carolina Reaper / HP22B a few other people have given them a try.
Lastly, here are links to other articles and discussions about the Carolina Reaper / HP22B pepper. Enjoy!
– HP22B Information
– Is the HP22B the new hottest pepper in the world?
– HP22B and Primo
– Michigan Chris eats HP22B
– Smokin’ Ed Talks Peppers With Chili Heads
– HP22B AKA the Carolina Reaper Pepper New rolls out
– Interview With Ed Currie of Pucker Butt Pepper Company
– Where to Buy Carolina Reaper Seeds
– Is locally grown “Carolina Reaper” the world’s hottest pepper?
– Carolina Reaper
– HP22B alias Carolina Reaper next World Hottest Chili?
– World’s Hottest Chile Pepper? – HP22B Edition
– Pepper Joe Claims a New Hottest Pepper is Coming
– The World’s HOTTEST Pepper: Smokin’ Ed’s Carolina Reaper
– Press Release : The PuckerButt Pepper Company Announces the World’s Hottest Pepper
– Review of the HP22B Chile Pepper AKA Carolina Reaper, a Contender for the Hottest Chile Pepper in the World
– Carolina Reaper (HP22B) Community Grow
– New Hottest Chile…Carolina Reaper?